RCM is a leader in District advocacy efforts for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. We are active partners with our government agencies (www.dds.dc.gov) (www.dhcf.dc.gov) in policy development, demonstration projects and system reforms. We actively partner with George Washington University and their Hospital, Georgetown University, member of the Department of Disability Services (DDS) Advisory Board, the Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC), APSE, the DC Coalition of Disabilities Service Providers Board of Directors and a nationally the ANCOR Board of Representatives.
RCM actively supports the Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities and DC Project Action a self-advocacy organization. RCM works with self-advocates who provide training, legislative support and community education.
We regularly hold events where we honor self-advocates, and advocates from RCM for the empowerment they have provided towards inclusion and becoming community stakeholders.
Our COMMUNITY PARTNERS
- Bread For The City
- Providing Food, Clothing, Medical Services, Legal Services, Social Services and Advocacy
- The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Houses the DC Area Health Education Center (AHEC) and ISCOPES
- Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities
- Independent, nonprofit supporting children and adults with disabilities
- ANCOR – American Network of Community Options and Resources
- National, non-profit representing community providers of services to people with disabilities.
- DC Coalition of Disability Service Providers
- Professional Organization advocating for the most promising practices for local residents with disabilities.
- Martha’s Table
- Non-profit working to break the cycle of poverty in the District.